Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You're My Boy, Blue!

I am currently in the process of writing two new posts, one regarding the Imus event and the other a recap of the Los Angeles Kings season. Unfortunately (while, at least for you, my readers), my free time over the last few weeks had been consumed by me planning a weekend trip to Monterey so I could propose to my Better Half (she said yes, of course...never any doubt...had to make an honest woman out of her eventually). While the writing of those posts may be slow moving, I do not want to leave you, my loyal readers, high-and-dry with nothing to enjoy. Thankfully, Will Ferrell was born.

I am a huge Ferrell fan. I know many of my family members will be shocked to hear that I have yet to see Blades of Glory (see, supra, planning engagement weekend excuse), but I plan to remedy that this weekend. I did, however, get to see Ferrell drop Meredith Vieira, host of NBC's Today, on her head while promoting the movie (you too can see it here). When I just think of all his great performances on the big screen (Zoolander, Old School, Elf, Anchorman, Talladega Nights, and Stranger Than Fiction), I can not help but laugh. His cameo in Wedding Crashers remains one of the most underrated performances in cinema history. I probably quote Will Ferrell, either from a movie or his run on Saturday Night Live, at least ten times a day.

So, since laughter makes everyday a little a brighter (wow, cheesiest line ever written on GameTime, TBD©), I thought I would pass along the following film short that Ferrell produced. I now present to you, "The Landlord." Enjoy!

[UPDATE: The embedded video was causing problems with the blog. I apologize for having to remove it. So, here's a link for you to follow if you would still like to watch it: The Landlord.]

No comments: