Friday, February 15, 2008

When Things Go Horribly Right

Despite my continued illness, it has been a pretty good week. For starters, my Better Half and I had a great Valentine's Day yesterday, including a ridiculously large bouquet of flowers and nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Plus, as I know you are all aware, Marisa Miller made the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. As the cover model, Miller has become the de facto spokeswoman for the swimsuit issue, making appearances, giving interviews, and showing up just about everywhere you turn (including a three-story billboard in the middle of New York City). While I have to deal with a new building obstructing the view from my office, some schmuck in the Big Apple gets three-stories of Marisa Miller. Sometimes life just is not fair.

In case you are wondering, my Better Half was a little disappointed with year's swimsuit issue. First, she was not impressed with any of the bathing suits; though, she did promise me she would try out the coconut bikini bottoms on our honeymoon (bonus). Then, and I actually agree with her, she was not impressed with any of the models or their photo shoots (though, she did pick her favorite on the grounds she looked "young and innocent" . . . yowzers!). All and all, I did not really think the 2008 swimsuit issue lived up to its predecessors, or my expectations were a little high because there was a lot of Marisa on the cover. Maybe I will have to give it a second run through this weekend to make I am not overlooking anything. But for now, I just have to get to the weekend, and so do you. Here are some things you might have missed to help get you there faster:

  • While most people would love finding a copy of the SI Swimsuit Issue on their office floor, this lady would prefer tea . . . TEA! What is the harm in having some NFL cheerleaders in thongs first thing in the morning?
  • For all you traveling to Kentucky to catch the Tonya Harding boxing match, looks like your ticket is not worth much anymore.
  • Looking to fill out the rest of their roster, Michigan football holds open tryouts for anyone interested in playing. Hey Michigan fans, still feel good about that Rick Rodriguez hiring?
  • Apparently the author of this article does not that Rob Blake is known as the "King of Manhattan Beach."
  • Having discovered everything there is to discover in the universe, NASA turns to the next best thing . . . swimsuits.
  • Reggie Bush is apparently VERY interested in ensuring that this illegal benefits case he is dealing with goes away quietly . . . and in the trunk of a Lincoln Town Car.
  • Parents are angry that public school achievement test is in English. In Chicago... you know, the one in Illinois... in the USA.
If you could tell for the articles I was able to find, it has been a pretty slow news week. Most of the world was focused on Clemens' hearing before Congress. Not that exciting. I tell you what is exciting though, these two clips I have for your viewing pleasure (well, at least for the viewing pleasure of my male readers). Since this week has essentially become the week in which we honor Marisa Miller, here is some more Marisa for you:
  • What is the best way to train for the swimsuit issue? If you guessed boxing, please collect your prize on the way out.
  • If I recall correctly, David Letterman has a bad heart. How did he possibly survive this then?
  • As an added bonus (and for my female readers), here is a video of people getting their faces rearranged by a volleyball; and I have got to say, when it comes to comedy, a volleyball to the face is a close second to the nut shot.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: