Friday, March 20, 2009

Is This Really Necessary?

I am not sure if a Link Dump is really necessary during the first Friday of the NCAA Tournament, but Miller Lite goes down shockingly easy when UCLA goes through one of its second-half scoring droughts, all my partners are out of the office, and my March Madness on Demand is running a little slow because my firm uses the office equivalent of a 28.8 dial-up modem ("Welcome" . . . pause . . . pause . . . pause . . . "You've got mail." Yes!).

Before I proceed to your weekly news update and dose of entertaining videos (we're video heavy this week too!), I would like to focus your attention on a little something that was posted late last night. Do yourself a favor and check it out before you dive into the
Link Dump. Other than that, I do not have much of an introduction for you because . . . well . . . I want to get back to the games. So here are some non-NCAA-basketball-related things you might have missed:
  • ESPN paid someone to tell them exactly what we have been telling them free-of-charge.
  • Oh, and do you remember that Rick Reilly story we linked to last week about the blind kid shooting free throws? Seems like Mr. Reilly failed to give credit where credit was due . . . you know, like to the guy who first wrote the story three weeks ago.
  • "I've never won a medal for pole dancing before. Normally, they just hand me an envelope of money."
  • "But I’m sure any straight male that had been in that situation with us would’ve realized pretty fast it wasn’t anything even remotely sexy." I am going to disagree, John. Circle gets the square.
  • Lane Kiffin would like you to know it is all part of his master plan. I do not care what his master plan is, so long as Mrs. Lane Kiffin plays a key role.
  • Mike Leach is better than you, and he knows it.
  • Apparently I would be facing multiple felony counts in the state of Washington . . . but I have a feeling my jail cell would not be too empty.
  • I know I would be pretty upset too if I had to call a Memphis game in about thirteen hours.
  • The Florida Marlins seek to show Ray Kinsella that even if you do build it, people will not come.
  • Next week, Jessica will ask President Obama to give her presidential lessons as well. Though, he might actually have time.
  • "You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain." Unfortunately, this is not a repeat.
  • Things seem to be going really well over there in Iraq.
Wow, what an uplifting way to end the news portion of the Link Dump. You. Are. Welcome. As I mentioned before, we are video heavy this week, but I have a feeling you are not complaining. In case watching sixteen basketball games over the course of twelve hours starts to get a little unnerving, here are some other things that might help to take the edge off:
  • Hey Cindy, I will bracket your tolo . . . err . . . maybe not. [Editor's Note: might want to keep the speakers low on this one.]
  • If you watch this video closely, you just might see "The Hoodie" showing a little personality. Go figure.
  • And, if you watch this video closely, you just might see a nice pair of headlights. That is live television ladies and gentlemen . . . and my Better Half was worried about typing the word nipples.
  • Todd Helton offers up Best Man, services during honeymoon.
  • Um . . . yeah . . . I . . . uh . . .
  • No Dick, you will not support the smaller conferences.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: