Friday, May 01, 2009

What Day Is It?

[Editor's Note: the office's 28.8 dial-up modem is on the fritz this morning, so I apologize if there are any issues with this week's Link Dump. I have not been able to confirm whether are links are still active. Feel free to let me know if you come across a dead link.]

Did anyone else out there feel like this week was never going to end? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

I do not know about you, but I thought Friday was never going to get here. So, when I woke up this morning to discover that it was, in deed, Friday, I was a little excited. Who am I kidding, I was a lot excited. And now I have all of you thinking "What does BAP have planned for the weekend?" We all have things that get us a little extra amped for the weekend, and this weekend is no exception.

Some of you out there probably have special plans for this evening. Others probably just want to celebrate the fact it is weekend. But I am amped up for a completely different reason. For starters, I am driving up to my parents tonight after work (crazy exciting, I know). The reason I am driving up is twofold: (1) I desperately need a haircut and, as a creature of habit, still go to the same stylist I have been going to since high school; and (b) I finally get to use my Boom Stick. Get your mind out of the gutter people. It is not like I am going to Senior Prom or anything. I got a new driver last weekend [2009 Taylor Made (You Hooked Up With a) Burner] and I am finally going to unleash the beast tomorrow late-morning/early-afternoon when I play a round of golf with Dad. Is it sad that I get this excited about a new golf club? Probably. But just remember, there is no better sport for sexual innuendos (in-her-end-OH?) than golf, and I know those last two sentences made you giggle just a little. No? Bummer. More importantly, I am just excited about the opportunity to spend some time with Dad. Do not get me wrong, I see my parents quite frequently, but there is something about being able to spend five hours with Coach.

So, while I am busy spending the afternoon thinking about driving my wood right down the fairway (ba-ZING), here are some things you might have missed:
  • Someone took the time to write the most amazing Lions draft recap ever . . . and that someone was me.
  • You would think there are better ways for Congress to spend its Friday.
  • Mike Leach wants you to know how feels . . . not once, but twice (bonus points if you can spot the irony).
  • Your tailgate will never be the same.
  • Hey ladies, let me know if you have a birthday coming up.
  • Chris Cooley continues to be one of my favorite NFL players.
  • I do not care when the first round of the NFL draft is next year, from here on out, I am a NFL Network guy.
  • Strange things are afoot in the desert.
  • Pittsburgh and Washington will have, at most, four periods to decide game.
  • With the Kentucky Derby going off this weekend, let us look back at some of the . . . err . . . "more memorable" horse names in Kentucky Derby history.
  • NBA to Ohio State blogging sensation Mark Titus (of Club Trillion fame): "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."
  • The new (and improved?) John Daly.
  • And just like that, women's' tennis is relevant again.
  • A word of advice: if you are going to sleep with a teenager, it is best that you do not argue with your husband over it.
  • Like, cheerleading tryouts are, like, always so dramatic and stuff (sadly, my high school was no exception)
Enough of the petty high school drama, let us get to the important stuff. Do not think I am stupid; I know the real reason you stop by every Friday. It is the videos, and I do not blame you (and I hope you enjoyed the extra two are already threw in for you):
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: