Friday, May 15, 2009

Words of Wisdom from The Chief to BBO

No, I am not talking about bad body odor (though, I did work out this morning and may or may not have remembered to put on deodorant . . . just kidding . . . but seriously).

I gave "the staff" the day off in honor of the arrival of the newest member (future writer?) of the GameTime, TBD© family: BBO, my nephew. The little one arrived safe, healthy, and happy (babies are happy when they're born, right? I mean, sure, they cry. But those are tears of joy, right? Anyone?) this morning. That being said, we do not have a lot of time for a drawn out introduction to this week's
Link Dump (which, I learned this morning is a hot ticket item . . . the introduction that is . . . apparently it's quite prestigious to be the subject of the Link Dump introduction and now I'm not entirely sure my Better Half is talking to me today. But I am proud of her and all her accomplishments as well. She just has to understand that it is impossible for me to corrupt her at this point in life . . .). I have to get all my actual work done as quickly as possible so I can bounce early and introduce myself to BBO. I have been trying to figure out what to say to him the first time we meet, and here is what I have got thus far:

"Hello, I am your Uncle . . . your cool Uncle that is (not that there was any real competition). The Uncle who is going to teach you things Mom does not want you to know and Dad does not want to get in trouble for teaching you. Speaking of trouble, if you ever get in it (and, knowing your Mom, I'm sure you will), always blame me, even though we know it was probably your Dad's fault. He paid my runner $1,000 cash in an envelope so I would commit to this, so don't forget it. Years from now, you will realize you want to be exactly like me. Who would blame you? However, for your Mother's sake, let's just keep that between you and me."

Welcome to the world little man. Here are some things that happened during the week of your birth:
  • I disagree (circle gets the square).
  • I would say that bad decision is worth more than $4.8 million.
  • *cough* Shotgun wedding *cough* *cough*.
  • Greg Paulus's relationship with his center is about to get a whole lot more personal.
  • Right Darren, the first thing I noticed was that she is a professional volleyball player.
  • North Carolina A&T: currently the best team in college football.
  • I am sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Sam Keller was not drafted by anyone in the NFL.
  • Remember when hot Russians were supposed to start dominating women's tennis and then they did not? Looks like they have moved on to something else.
  • Jockeys will do anything to beat a drug test . . . yes, you read that correctly, jockeys.
  • Boy, if I had a nickel for every time my rugby team staged a group orgy . . .
It is a really exciting day around here, and I have actually been looking forward to the video portion of this week's Link Dump since Monday. Originally I was going to go with only one video because, well, it is THAT good. But because today is celebration, I have decided to celebrate with a few extras.
  • How has this pitcher not been called up yet?
  • "A comeback is like a yo-yo. You're gonna go down, but you're coming right back up . . . . and then you may end up walking the dog."
  • This is the one. You can thank me later.
Have a great weekend everyone!

[Update: if you want to see the uncensored version of that last video and don't have a Hulu account, I've created one for GameTime, TBD© readers. Username: GameTimeTBD; Password: gametime. Creative, I know.]

No comments: