Friday, July 24, 2009

Life Day

Unfortunately, my dear readers, I have to a "Life Day" today. It is a little different than a personal day, because were I to be home sick, I still would be willing to provide you with your weekly dose of entertainment, more commonly referred to a Link Dump. However, today is a Life Day because I will traveling next week for work and have a lot of stuff to get done before I go. I am hoping to be able to provide you with at least some entertainment next week from the road, as I also have a family vacation coming up that will prevent me from tending to my duties.

But I do not want you leave totally empty-handed, so I would like to leave you with a small question I have been debating with myself all week. I am sure you are all familiar with "The Most Interesting Man in the World" ad campaign for Dos Equis beer. Admittedly, I think they do a pretty good job with them. The actor looks like a pretty interesting guy and I usually find his various "feats" pretty entertaining. But after hearing one of the commercials on my drive into work on Monday morning, some struck me as odd. The tag line of the commercials, as I am sure you know, is "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis." Read that one more time and see if anything strikes you as odd . . . [tick, tock, tick, tock] . . .

Okay, so here is the thing, he does not always drink beer (totally understandable, I see the Most Interesting Man in the World as more of a $300 bottle of wine, 18 year old Scotch, or maybe even a Courvoiser type of guy). But when he does drink beer, he only
prefers Dos Equis. So that means, when he decides to drink beer, he only prefers to drink it, but does not drink it all the time. So what am I supposed to think of Dos Equis now? They have these entertaining commercials about a cool guy, and they can not even say that whenever he drinks beer, it is always Dos Equis? I thought when you advertise your product you are supposed to make it seem like the best, no? Admittedly, I enjoy a Dos Equis every now and then (usually of the Amber variety), but now I am thinking maybe I should go a different direction. I mean, if the company that sells the beer can not even have the character it created (again, dubbed The Most Interesting Man in the World) always drink the beer, should I be concerned?

Anyways, that is what has been keeping me up late at night this week. Sorry we do not have more for you this week. We will back in full swing as soon as possible.

Oh, and just because I can not see it enough, here is DeWayne Wise's perfect-game-saving catch from yesterday afternoon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: