Friday, November 13, 2009

General Comings and Goings

It was a pretty slow week around the GameTime, TBD© office so I thought it would be best to give you all just a general update on a few things going on around here and then get right to the good stuff. Any objections? Hearing none, away we go.

You may recall a few weeks back when I, the Chief, vowed to get some things in my life back on track. Well, I certainly have been working on some new original content, some of which is up already, some of which is yet to come. I did, however, have to talk myself off the ledge earlier this week after my (Lefty McLefterson) Better Half and I had one of our typical dinner discussions. Of course, most of you would call these heated political debates, but it was business as usual for the Democrat and Republican who found love (can you say modern-day
Romeo & Juliet . . . of course, without the [Editor's Note: spoiler alert for high school freshman] part where everyone dies at the end . . . which I guess would make the whole book pretty anti-climactic . . . cancel that idea . . . but I digress). It would also come as no surprise that this week's discussion centered mainly on health care. The details are not important, but let us just say that you all almost got an ear full about where Nancy Pelosi can gently place the bill she somehow got through the House.

I also wanted you to know that the quest to get back into high school shape is going pretty well. The streak of days working out reached twenty one (I'll stay) before a couple lazy mornings and evening family events brought it to an end earlier this week. I am already more than a few pounds lighter, feeling good, and the new streak already stands at three. One thing I have noticed, however, is that after twenty one straight days, it is definitely time for a new mix on the workout iPod (yes, I have an iPod just for the gym and one for everyday life, which currently has Akon telling me why it "Don't Matter", the theme to my modern day
R&J remake . . . again with the digression, what is wrong with me today?). With that being said, I turn to you, my avid readers, for suggestions on songs to download and add to the iPod. I prefer upbeat stuff and it can be of any variety. I have a fairly large collection of music already but am more than willing to spend a few bucks on iTunes for the right songs.

But do not go rushing off to your iPods and iTunes (or other non-Apple music products) too fast. There is a reason you stopped by on this lovely Friday afternoon and I have not gotten there yet. So, without further adieu, here are some things you might have missed:
  • Who will be performing the Super Bowl halftime show. No, that is not the question. The question is: will Tori Praver be there in her painted-on Who t-shirt?
  • Montana puts Sonoma home on market. Idaho selling Napa estate.
  • "Sometimes I love Ochocinco so much it hurts."
  • There is no captain in the National Football League.
  • Bill Self likes big butts; can not lie.
  • CC Sabathia can be a teammate of mine any day of the week and twice on Sunday (but only if he brings the drinks).
  • Want to know what this week's NCAA Football schedule has in store for you? Here are some charts and graphs to help.
  • San Diego State's athletic director uses school funds to get his mack on, increase divorce rate. You stay classy San Diego.
  • Please Jenn, think of the children.
  • Remember that running shorts cost school state title link we ran a few weeks back? Well, another odd rule has derailed a team's title hopes yet again.
  • "Female ski jumpers mount final appeal" (that's what she said . . . ba-ZING!).
  • I hope my Better Half is not reading this, otherwise there will not be much of a surprise come Christmas.
No Usher, I will not "Make Love in this Club" with you. What kind of man do you take me for? I will readily admit that I would kill a man to have abs like yours, but I will . . . wait a sec, are we back? I hope no one read that. Boy that would be embarrassing. Moving on, let us get to the good stuff, like Usher's stomach . . . err, I mean . . . the several clips we have compiled this week for your viewing pleasure:
  • A YouTube video with 6.6 million views does not usually escape my attention for a year. If you have already seen this John Williams' tribute, do yourself a favor and watch it again anyways.
  • If every game was called by Marv Albert or Gus Johnson, I would be in heaven (wait a sec, am I dead? [*runs into door*] Ouch. Nope, not dead; just in need of some ice.)
  • Chimpin' ain't easy.
  • I would Hochdorfer their bikes. [Editor's Note: what does that even mean?]
  • You may recall last year when we linked you to "Little Jovi" of Rutgers football fame. Well, last night Mr. L.J. probably had his first . . . um . . . "man experience", compliments of Erin Andrews.
  • They are both considering foregoing their last year of eligibility to go pro.
  • Richmond's announcers go from zero to bitter faster than my ex-girlfriend. [Editor's Note: nothing like an "F" bomb on live television; might want to keep the speakers low.]
  • Dear country, You rock. That being said, please do not think Carrie Prejean is an accurate representation of California as a whole. To recap: dumb, crazy blonds with fake tits, yes; California as a whole, no. Best regards, The Chief
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: