Friday, October 16, 2009

All Systems Go

Well dear avid readers of GameTime, TBD©, I am happy to report the golf game is in great shape. Admittedly, I fell apart over the final five (5) holes on Monday, but I was exhausted. A man can only swing his club some many times per hole and sixty-three holes in one weekend is a lot of work (that's what she said!). All-in-all, in was a very profitable weekend for my buddy Coop and I, and I am confident my game will be back to where it should be sooner rather than later.

So, with the successful revival of my golf game, I decided to look for other facets of my life that could use a little retooling. The first thing I stumbled across was my physical fitness. It is not like I am terribly out of shape, but I have added a few pounds since the end of summer. That being said, I think my physical fitness level peaked back during my sophomore year of college (9 years ago? Really? Man, I'm old). Money Bags and I were working out in some fashion almost everyday (MB had this diabolical sprint workout he loved to do . . . me, not so much . . . but it certainly made me faster). As I see, every year since then, there has been a small slip in my fitness level. No more. I have officially started "The Streak" (currently standing at 2), which will be the number of days in a row I am able to work out (gym, I'll be kicking your [censored] after work . . . put it on the bulletin board). When the first streak ends, I will simply start a new one, trying to best the previous. Hopefully by Christmas I will be well on my way back to where I want to be.

I have also noticed I have been slipping in the "creative writing" aspect of GameTime, TBD©. You, my passionate readers, expect more out of me and I, quite frankly, have been letting you down. Yes, I know the Kings season is six games old, and my season "preview" has gone through roughly thirty-two drafts, but I
will get it to you this weekend. GameTime, TBD© will not simply be Link Dump after Link Dump any longer. I plan on setting aside some time a couple nights per week to write the pieces you have come to expect. So, well I get started on a list of topics to write about (please, feel free to email or comment on topics you'd like to know my prospective on), here are some things you might have missed from this past week:
  • We start with Marisa doing what she does best.
  • A 5k race series "bringing fitness, beer and flirting together for a big finish line party"? Sign me up.
  • I have been struggling in my NFL Pick 'Em Pool this year. Hopefully The Sports Guy's week 6 preview can help.
  • I know a trap when I see one; so does Michael Vick.
  • Were you, like me, shocked to discover Michael Sims-Walker was not playing even though you had him in your starting Fantasy Football line-up? He had his reasons.
  • I do not know what is more interesting, the allegations in this lawsuit or the background of two of the attorneys involved. You decide.
  • Baseball likes them young.
  • Remember when Woodrow Wilson was President? Me neither. But he remembers the last time La Salle-Peru beat Geneseo.
  • Chris Bosh now owns the Internet.
  • Justice, Pitino style: "Any time you defy a police officer, it's serious. They will be punished and are being punished right now. But no, they will not miss game time."
  • "Cool heads kept fight from escalating after 'powder puff' contest." Yep, you read that correctly.
  • I am going to go out on a limb and say he will probably soon be her ex-boyfriend.
  • Dear Torrie Wilson, Just wanted to let you know such abominations are fine by us. Best wishes, your GameTime, TBD© crew.
Before proceeding to our weekly video selection, a quick GameTime, TBD poll: would you prefer future post only relate to sports, or would you like to see a broad spectrum of topics covered? Think it over, discuss it amongst yourselves, and let me know. In the meantime, enjoy these videos as the rest of your week slowly comes to an end:
  • Oh look, Douchey McDoucherson is back. The South must be so proud.
  • I have been on an Office Space kick this week. You. Are. Welcome.
  • Josh McDaniels is fast becoming the most entertaining coach in the NFL. Do not believe me? See for yourself.
  • In a strange twist, the boy's friend was arrested for animal abuse shortly after the incident (just kidding . . . but seriously).
  • Personal foul, late hit out of bounds, by the skirt. Fifteen yards, to be assessed on the kickoff. Play results in a touchdown.
  • Hitler's back, and he is none-too-pleased with Balloon Boy.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: