Thursday, May 15, 2008

Party Time!

I know it is only Thursday but, sometimes, something comes up that forces you to move your schedule around and plan accordingly. In this instance, the "something" I am talking about is Bro's wedding. I know you have heard me talking about my wedding (more like poking fun at my Better Half about our wedding, but that's neither here nor there . . .), but it turns out that there are two weddings in la familia de BAP this year.

Here is the 411 on Bro: older than me by a good six years and made it known when we were younger. Unfortunately for him, I was to become the bigger of the two sons so picking on me never really lasted. Most of you who know Bro know that he is crazy smart, probably the smartest person I know. He has got a Phd in some type of chemistry (bio?) and speaks in languages no one can understand (are words with twenty-three syllables really necessary?). Seriously, half the time I think he is just making stuff up. He is a science nerd in every sense of the work but thankfully does not dress part. I have yet to figure out how exactly, but he somehow found himself an awesome girl, convinced her to move to Boston with him so he could keep going to school (a little place called Harvard . . . it's the Stansbury of the east), and got her to say "yes!" when he proposed. Call me crazy, but I think she has been drugged; I am pretty sure I can get a court order for a tox-screen no problem.

Okay, I am just kidding . . . about her being drugged at least. In all honesty, they are great together and I am so happy for the both of them. Best of all, this whole wedding thing means that I get to party with my whole family, and by "party with my whole family" I mean blow it out with my two cousins. So that is why this Link Dump comes to you on a Thursday and not a Friday. And because I am in an extra good mood, I have pull out all the stops for this week. So here are some things you might have missed:
  • Maxim finally got it right!
  • The NCAA finds 688 violations . . . not in one year, silly, at one school.
  • High school cheer coach jailed for being awesome . . . or not . . . you decide.
  • There is a Storm brewin' at ESPN. [note to self: worst pun EVER!]
  • Charles Barkley, still not a role model.
  • Apparently Bill Simmons's relationship with ESPN has fallen on hard times, so he went and started himself another blog . . . and posted a pretty interesting story.
  • There is no "i" in team, and no "team" in Bonnie Richardson.
  • Scotland really has some interesting hazards on its golf courses.
  • All you Romosexuals can breathe again.
  • One hundred and one . . . and counting.
  • Some good might actually come from the O.J. Mayo scandal . . . at least if you are a fan of the Arizona Wildcats.
  • If you are attending the 2008 Liberty College graduation, be aware that there is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Since I am in such a good mood, I have put together quite a few clips for your viewing pleasure. Most are sure to make you laugh and one you will think is down-right amazing. I know, I know, get on with it already:
  • While most of you may think that the Steeplechase is the lamest sport under the "track and field" heading, I have got not one, not two, but three reasons why you might find it mildly entertaining.
  • Put simply: Manny being Manny.
  • This is a video submitted to GameTime, TBD© by reader "Brother-in-Law". When I said one of the clips was down-right amazing, I might have been selling this one short.
  • Since you are probably reading this at work, a word of advice: do not throw paper clips at your co-worker.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: