Friday, May 02, 2008

Fore!

I am playing a little hooky today, "working" from home. My brother's wedding is right around the corner so I am "forced" to attend his bachelor party this weekend in Vegas. Do not worry, I am not actually taking the time to post from Vegas . . . I would just be getting back to room at this hour. I head to Vegas tomorrow morning for the one day swing. Today, we golf.

Like all other sports, I enjoy golf. In fact, I am able to call myself a college athlete because of it. Now, do not go thinking that I shoot lights out on daily basis, constantly breaking par (never done that), but I am better than average. After college, however, between going to law school and becoming an attorney, I have not had the opportunity to keep my game at the level it once was. But do not think that will stop from taking an afternoon off, grabbing the clubs, and playing around. Do I get frustrated more often now? Yes. Do I have to actually pay for the rounds now? Yes. Am I able to enjoy the game more now that I am playing more for fun as opposed to competition? Well, let us see how I play first. If my session at the driving range yesterday was any indication, it should not be that bad. So, while I am out hitting "the links" and enjoying the sun, here are some things to help you get through the rest of your Friday:
  • Please ASU, think of the children.
  • Will you go to prom with me? If yes, spank left cheek.
  • Do you think Ronaldo can sue for false advertising?
  • "That whole thing . . . will be jammed with people, fifty thousand or so, and most of them staggering drunk. It’s a fantastic scene – thousands of people fainting, crying . . . and fighting with broken whiskey bottles.” Ladies and gentlemen, your 2008 . . . Kentucky Derby?
  • You think this looks tough? You should have seen the time I played a round of golf with a hang nail.
  • Karl Malone likes 'em young.
  • Crack, hookers, professional sports . . . so goes the life of "Straw".
  • Good to see that things are still going well for Lenny Dykstra.

And for your Friday viewing pleasure, well, I hope you like baseball. These following videos are of some guy who is really good at impersonating professional baseball batting stances. So good in fact, you could make a drinking game out of it . . . oops, I forgot we are all at work. So, unless you are uber-good at guessing the players, you will probably want some sound.

As an added bonus, and for those of you who do not like baseball, here is a bonus video:

Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments: