Friday, June 06, 2008

If You Can Call It A Milestone . . .

I do not know how I missed it, but apparently my "Coffee with Kurt" post, while bringing the Lakers bad luck, was GameTime, TBD©'s 75th post (trumpets, trumpets, trumpets . . . fireworks . . . fanfare . . . thank you, you are all too kind). Reflecting back on my first seventy-five posts as lead author [read: only author] and editor-in-chief (believe it or not, I do actually have a couple of editors), running a sports and girls related blog, especially part-time, is hard. While I do not think full-time bloggers have it easy, per se, I do think it would actually be easier to be a full-time blogger than a part-time one (stupid job that pays the bills). So then, if you are wondering why I keep doing this, it is because of you. The "you" of course refers to all of my avid readers, who stop by GameTime, TBD© week-in and week-out, sending me questions and comments about my recent ramblings. The "you" also refers to those of you out there who might not be an avid reader, but who happens stumble on my little corner of the massive world-wide-web and are able to get even the smallest iota of entertainment out of what you see. So, I thank for sticking around all this time, or just for stopping by, and hope you are looking forward to all the things still to come.

But enough about me, now for the real reason you stopped by on this Friday afternoon. Here are some things you might have missed over the past week:
  • Marisa Miller (and her cleavage . . . nice!) at SpikeTV's "Guys' Choice Awards." I am not positive, but I am pretty sure . . . you are probably not even reading this anymore.
  • If any of the people on this list are looking to make charitable contributions, I am willing to set up a fund in honor of my plans to retire by the age of 28.
  • The New England Patriots cheerleading squad and a high school senior, how could this possibly go wrong?
  • Big Brown to win Triple Crown while licking wing sauce from his hooves, wearing orange hotshorts and low-cut tank top.
  • High school basketball coach facing felony charges for being awesome.
  • Note to self: cancel plans to break into Noah Herron's home next week.
  • I can not really say I know much about Taryne Mowatt, but I am pretty sure she and Erin Andrews would make a dynamite announcing team.
  • Duke working hard to prove that the only stank found at their football stadium is coming from the field.
And for your weekly viewing pleasure, I have a nice variety of clips for you. Some are of the funny type and some are of the . . . well, I will just let you decide.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: