Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oops . . . My Bad

I may need to start hiring myself a staff, like a research assistant or something. When I was editor-in-chief of law review, I had a full staff under my control. I should have started this blog back then and made all of them do the dirty work. Unfortunately, I run this site for free, no revenue, so I think "hiring" someone might be a little difficult. Any volunteers?

You might be asking yourself why I am talking crazy all-of-the-sudden; allow me to explain. As you all know, I like to end my weekly
Link Dump with funny videos. I like to think these videos help you get through your Friday afternoon with some good laughs and a smile. Some are disturbing, some ridiculously funny, and many make fun of people hurting themselves (like when skateboards fight back).

A few weeks ago, I was going to post a video that showed a cricket player taking a ball to the face while practicing the "hook shot" with a "bowling machine" (actual cricket terms . . . seriously). And because I am incredibly witty and humorous, I was going to post it under the tag line "Practice makes ouch" (you see it's like practice makes perfect only I replaced perfect with ouch . . . cause the guy gets hurt . . . get it? It's funny). Since your curiosity is now piqued, I guess I should let you watch the video. Why should I feel bad for that you ask? Well, it turns out that the video is of an accomplished professional cricket player from England named David Fulton. Apparently the injury he suffered was so severe that he missed the first eight weeks of the 2003 season and, when he stepped down from his captaincy in 2006, he admitted that the injury was still causing him problems. I would have felt pretty bad for making light of that.

With all that being said, I must be the bearer of bad news. There will be no official
Link Dump this week. I am heading out town this afternoon for a fun and relaxing weekend in Tahoe with a large group of friends (commonly referred to as "Bachelor Party" . . . or so I hear). Since I will be on the golf course for most of tomorrow morning and early-afternoon, I will not have the time to get you the information you need to get through the afternoon. I sincerely apologize. But rest assured, my dear readers, I am not going to leave you empty handed. Here are a couple videos for your viewing enjoyment, a day early:
  • What do you get when you mix John Daly, Kid Rock in overalls, and a tallboy? Exactly what you would expect.
I have taken the liberty of embedding the next video so you do not have to go to another window. Before you dive in, be warned that it does contain some "adult" language. So if you are at work, be careful (read: close your door). But I promise you, it is worth it.



Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: