Friday, June 13, 2008

While I Was Flying

Once again, I found myself traveling on business all week. I must say, it is hard to keep up with the daily going-ons of the sports world when you are living out of a hotel room for a week, using your travel budget to buy drinks for you and all of your college buddies. I was, however, able to keep up fairly well this week because I take my responsibilities as Editor-in-Chief and Lead Writer for GameTime, TBD© very seriously and I did not want to let you all down this week.

Because I was away, I have yet to have a chance to put together my thoughts on the Los Angeles Kings' firing of Marc Crawford. While my previously-mentioned college buddies and I were watching game three of the NBA Finals, my eyes were drawn to the sports ticker announcing Crawford's untimely departure. Rest assured, I have my fair share of opinions on this recent development and the comments that have been made by the organization since then. And rest assured that those opinions will find there way to GameTime, TBD© sooner, rather than later.

Speaking of the NBA Finals, what happened to the Lakers last night? I was enjoying dinner and some drinks at the airport before my flight, watching the Lakers build a comfortable eighteen-point halftime lead. By the time I boarded the plane, flew from San Francisco to Los Angeles, and turned on mu CrackBerry, the eighteen-point lead had turned into a six-point loss. Now that is impressive. I hoped to get the low down from Kurt at Starbucks this morning, but he was nowhere to be found. So, while I try to figure out what I missed during the second half of last nights game, here are some things you might have missed:
  • Speaking of Lakers-Celtics game four, Bill Simmons certainly did choose the right game for one of his famous running-diaries.
  • Oh, and there is something going around about a Laker Girl who used to be a Celtic Dancer. What, was she traded for three pairs of hot pants and a sports bra or something?
  • Oh, and if you have a couple extra tickets to game six in Boston, this guy is willing to offer you his wife. Stay classy Celtic fans.
  • And since we are talking about Boston, a GameTime, TBD© congratulations goes out to Big Papi on becoming an American citizen. I guess that just makes him Big Daddy now.
  • My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail or blocked by my spam-filter.
  • If you see a decidedly un-athletic-looking character parading around town with a Giants Super Bowl ring — and it's not Eli Manning — please call your local authorities immediately.
  • Pop Quiz: What does eight earned runs on three hits earn you?
  • Hey taxpayers of New York, I know times are tough, but would you mind giving me $400 million?
Before I present to you with your clips for your Friday viewing pleasuring, I would like to remind you that quality is more important than quantity. That being said, here are two videos that best sum up how Laker fans are feeling today:
  • What would we do without replays? (listen with sound if possible).
  • I knew there was a reason I never got into skateboarding.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: