Friday, January 09, 2009

New Year, Same Story

Has anyone else out there had a little trouble getting back into the swing of things this week? I thought so. It is the first full week of work I have had in nearly a month. Weird. But that is why the fine folks here at GameTime, TBD© do what we do. We know that Fridays are always the hardest the day of the week, especially a week like this.

That is right, my dear avid readers, GameTime, TBD©'s weekly
Link Dump is back. I have missed you all and I hope you had a safe and happy 2008 holiday season. The new year is already in full swing it seems. The past year was a banner year for the folks here at GameTime, TBD©. "We" introduced some new content and, according to Google Analytics, managed to increase the readership a little. Some how, along the way, I took some trips, got married, and got to visit some great cities like Gulfport and Copiah, Mississippi (not at once thankfully). It looked as though 2009 was going to start off the same way as I was scheduled to spent next week in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, but that is thing with monitoring trials, they get continued all the time. So now, I get to spend Super Bowl Sunday flying out to Point Pleasant instead (I think I should get paid extra for that). My Better Half threw her GameTime, TBD© duties (hehe . . . duties) on the back burner and headed back to school, but I promise I will introduce her to everyone eventually (she's a little shy).

In the mean time, I need to focus on what is important: making sure everyone is able to get through the rest of their Friday with a smile on your face. If you think you have had a weird week, wait until you see some of the things you may have missed:
  • Getting over a terrible GM is like getting over a relationship, you just need time. Apparently NBC is not willing to give me that time.
  • It is one thing to support your favorite team, but it is something completely different (crazy?) to get a tattoo to commemorate the worst season in NFL history.
  • Dictionary.com defines "leavened" as "to add a rising agent to; to cause to rise, especially by fermentation; or to pervade with a lightening, enlivening, or modifying influence." Somehow that defines Eric Mangini's humor. Congrats Cleveland.
  • It is going to be awfully hard for JoePa to coach from the booth again next season without his glasses. (In related news, SI's 10 Best College Sports Pranks.)
  • Dear Coach Jagodzinski, Good look on the job search, we hope everything works out with you and the Jets. Oh, and by the way, you're fired. Love Always, AD DeFilippo.
  • Woman lists baseball card on eBay for $10 because listing it at $15 would have cost her an extra 20 cents.
  • Do you think my firm would pay me $65,000 for not showing up?
  • Anyone else in the market for a new snowboard?
  • "In a bizarre incident that will surely lead to litigation . . ."
  • Nothing says "I'm the right man for the job" like a lengthy powerpoint presentation.
  • Remember when Nitro was your favorite American Gladiator? Me too. Now I would just like to stare at his man-boobs.
  • A word of caution for your next spear fishing trip.
We have decided to remove the video portion of our weekly Link Dump for 2009. Apparently some of you find the videos crude, rude, and insensitive . . . and totally hilarious. Which is why I would never think of removing it. Did I have you worried? Here are some clips I hope you enjoy:
  • This song has been stuck in my head for the past few days. Misery loves company.
  • From the guys who brought you BCS Monkeys, I proudly present: A Woman's Worst Nightmare.
  • Funny, I gave my wife one of these about six years ago when we first started dating; but I recall mine serving a different purpose.
  • A little rough on landing, he might have to settle for the bronze.
It is going to be an awesome year here at GameTime, TBD©, so stick around. In the meantime, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: