Friday, January 16, 2009

Remember, Don't Eat the Yellow Snow

GameTime, TBD© pop quiz: What do the numbers 10, 15, 25, and 21 have in common? [Editor's Note: cue the Jeopardy music.]

No, my dear readers, they are not the margins of loss in the Lions' first four games this season. Though, I would not blame you for thinking so. Give up?

Those beautiful numbers, my friends, are the forecasted highs in East Rochester, New York for the next the four days. Why, you may be asking yourself, do the fine people at GameTime, TBD© care about the highs in East Rochester when it is sunny and 80 glorious degrees in Los Angeles right now? Well, at 11:45 p.m. this evening, my Better Half and I will be departing on a red-eye bound for Chicago (current temperature, according to weather.com, 1 degree . . . but it feels like -13? . . . awesome) and then on to East Rochester to visit my grandparents. Some might think it unwise to head for upstate New York in mid-January but to you I say this: have you not always wanted to see what happens when you put a petite California-blond in sub-freezing temperatures for a weekend? It is like the ultimate science experiment . . . nay . . . like an episode of MTv's Exiled (look, I'm not proud of my guilty pleasures, it's just something I have to live with). Sources close to GameTime, TBD© can confirm that my Better Half is reporting that she has only been snowed on once in her life. She has been IN the snow several times, but it was only when she was in New York City showing the United Nations a thing or two about diplomacy during her senior year of college that she actually got snowed on. Do not get me wrong, my blood has definitely thinned since my days of living just south of our neighbors to the north, but I can still remember the layers of clothes I had put on just to go out for recess in kindergarten. Not fun.

So, while I figure out ways to (1) make my blood thicker between now and 5:30 a.m. CST, and (b) convince my Better Half it would be fun to run outside in her bikini and boots (unfortunately, she's about 100-times smarter than I am . . . and I'm pretty damn smart), here are some things you might have missed:
  • Apparently Lions management failed to read my road map to success before hiring their new head coach. A note to Mr. Schwartz, do not expect to be in Detroit for four years if Lewand sticks around.
  • Perhaps a six pack of one of these might help you get through the NFC Championship game on Sunday. Unfortunately, you probably won't see much of the AFC Championship then.
  • My friends and I have already mapped out our training schedule for the next year.
  • A raging catfight? Lesbian girlfriends? Someone's hair set on fire? Anyone else smell 2010 summer blockbuster?
  • Eddie Curry sued for sexual harassment . . . by ex-chauffeur . . . ex-MALE-chauffeur.
  • My yet-to-be-conceived first son would like everyone to know that he has already committed to play basketball at UCLA.
  • Another rule change in the works intended to make the BCS better. Unfortunately, rule change not spelled P-L-A-Y-O-F-F.
  • Lack of lane violations gets coach's wife suing mad.
  • Coach of high school basketball team that just won 94-1: "don't hate the player, hate the game." What is that? She said respect the game? She must have been confused.
  • Yes, there is a 6' 8" female high school basketball player out there and, yes, she does look and sound like a grown man.
  • We here at GameTime, TBD© have been known to make light of your everyday male student/female teacher sex scandal. We do, however, realize that these relationships can have severe emotional affects on a teenage boy.
  • What do you get for being a mom who poses as her daughter to enroll in high school and try out for the cheerleading squad? Why, an all-expense-paid trip to the loony bin of course.
  • Looks like Bonds might be in the clear (see what I did there? . . . genius, I know).
  • No, this recession will not stop the New York Yankees from screwing over the City of New York.
  • David Feherty: great guy, funniest man in sports.
And for your weekly viewing pleasuer, I lead with an apology. We hear at GameTime, TBD© often forget the awesome power this section of our Link Dump wields over our readers. So, to those of you who have had a particular song stuck in your head for the past week, we are sorry. But you were warned going into it. As for your viewing pleasure this week, we do include a song (that probably won't get stuck in your head) and revisit The Chief's epic man-crush (bromance?):
Have a great weekend everyone!

[Video Update: The Stars Wars trilogy as you have never seen it/heard it before.]

No comments: