Friday, January 30, 2009

In Memoriam

I am sorry to say, I do not have any witty introduction for you this week. In fact, I did not think GameTime, TBD© would be publishing its weekly Link Dump for the next few weeks. You see, my Grandpa passed away last night/early this morning (depending on what time zone you were in) and I really did not think I had it in me to come on here and make it happen. But then it hit me, he would want me to do this.

My Grandpa was a great man; husband, father, grandfather and, most importantly, an unbelievable friend, all in one. I am a better person today because of the time I got to spend with him growing up. His will (
Editor's note: defined as "purpose or determination, often hearty or stubborn determination; willfulness") to live was second-to-none, as he overcame obstacle after obstacle. Put simply, he lived, laughed, and loved everyday and everyone around him. He wanted nothing but the best for his family, and did everything he could to provide it. He was a true superhero, in every sense of the word, and he would dominate you at any card game as if there was no tomorrow. I am thankful I got to see him two weeks ago, still smiling, still laughing, and still reminiscing about great times and greater memories.

So Grandpa, this one is dedicated to you. Wherever you are, I want you to know that because I knew, I have be changed for good. Oh, and your attorney jokes were always the best I have heard.
  • How Gus Johnson was omitted from this list is beyond me. At least DP cracked the Top 20.
  • I would have thought that uniforms were the least of their concerns.
  • A Super Bowl cover-up by the NFL?
  • Somehow we missed this during the week of the Cardinals/Panthers game. Since the Cardinals are in the Super Bowl, I think "Strongest Right Arm" and "Fart Box" are still relevant.
  • If you want your city to host the Super Bowl, a two-to-one strip-club-to-fire-station ratio is key.
  • Is this not the ironies of ironies?
  • And, of course, the biggest question surrounding the Super Bowl festivities in Tampa this week: are there enough chicken wings?
  • Dan Shaughnessy takes issue with Gisele feeding Tom a chip, and for a reason other than pure, unadulterated jealousy. Bitter the Patriots did not make the Super Bowl, much?
  • Simeon Rice: Jon Gruden's biggest fan . . . er . . . or not. You decide.
  • I am sure by now you have all seen the video of Arizona's Chase Budinger getting curb-stomped by Houston's Aubrey Coleman. Well, according to Tom Penders, the whole thing was just a misunderstanding blown way out of proportion by ESPN.
  • Pete might not be in the hall, but he will always be on some dude's calf.
  • The excerpts from Joe Torre's book are getting pretty juicy.
  • Speaking of juice, apparently Bonds is not in the clear after all. (See what I did there? Again, genius.)
  • A generation of children are destined for therapy because of lop-sided victories in youth sports.
  • If YouTube had been around while I was in high school, our dance team would have been disbanded too, and then there would have been no redeeming value to our rallies whatsoever.
  • All this time, I thought cheerleading was a contact sport only in my dreams.
As for your weekly viewing pleasure, we have an awesome invention, a not-so-awesome invention, and, of course, pain . . . always pain:
Have a great weekend everyone. Talk to you in a couple of weeks.

No comments: