Friday, April 10, 2009

We Love Religious Holidays

I am not the most religious person by any stretch of the imagination. I am mostly a "major holiday Christian", with a few extra Sundays thrown in here and there. In all honesty, I do wish I went a little more often and my Better Half and I have talked about searching out a church (the denomination of which is the subject of the usual GameTime/Mrs. GameTime debate) closer to our place. But our weekends are usually spent catching up on chores, other things that did not get done during the week, maybe some golf, and just generally being able to spend some time with each other. So, our search has really gotten much further than something "we've discussed".

However, do not think for one second that we will not take the opportunity to appreciate a religious holiday that falls on a weekday. Happy Good Friday everyone (and to our Jewish fans out there, Hag kasher vesame`ah). I know you do not really "celebrate" Good Friday (yay
Crucifixion), but I appreciate that many companies out there respect those who wish to observe this holy day. So you can imagine how devastated I was when my firm sent around an email informing everyone that we would be closing shop early today. Aw, shucks. How will I ever survive? Well for starters, it means I have to keep this intro short because, believe it or not, I have actual work to finish before I leave (wait, what?). On a positive note, it does mean I will get to pick up my newly re-shafted 5-wood (long story short, it broke . . . don't ask questions) a few hours earlier than previously expected.

I hope all of you out there get the opportunity to start your weekend off a little sooner than normal as well. If you do (and even if you don't), here are some things you might have missed to help your already shorter day seem even shorter:
  • The "Would You Rather" to end all "Would You Rathers". While you know where we stand, I think it is safe to say we are all winners here.
  • Eighteen days left until the NFL draft and the Lions are already putting the NFL world on notice: we fully intend to suck, yet again.
  • I knew that girl I just "friended" on Facebook was too good to be true.
  • "But I don't want your life."
  • No word yet on where ESPNU or Rivals.com had her listed in their rankings, but I am sure this only adds to another strong recruiting year for the Oregon Ducks.
  • Something tells me Ms. Hinchman will not be cheering from the sidelines come next year.
  • Turns out Bemidji State lost last night in the Frozen Four, but I am still posting this article because (1) I like when schools are willing to help other schools, (b) just look at the George Mason band director, and (iii) who does not like saying Bemidji?
  • A baseball game (in Canada) without beer? Sounds exciting.
  • "That's what she said."
  • Who said you actually need to have a high school to win a high school basketball tournament? Clearly not ESPN.
  • Alright France, we get it, you are still bitter about that whole "We saved you in World War II" thing. Move on already.
  • I would lap up Dara Torres any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and then finish it off with a cold glass of milf . . . err . . . milk, definitely meant milk.
We struck video clip gold this week. Do yourself a favor: go pop yourself some popcorn (but under no circumstances should you burn said popcorn . . . there is nothing worse than the smell of burnt popcorn in an office), close your office door, sit back, relax, and let the good times roll:
  • People are really starting to take shootout goals to the next level. We had not one, but two this week.
  • Bodybuilding, a totally heterosexual activity . . . totally.
  • Remember this commercial (wow, Michael, really?)? I guess this shot kind of belongs.
  • You know your trick is going well when, by the time you leave the building, you are already off your bike.
  • I was out at a bar the other night, and the weirdest thing happened. Roll the tape.
  • Got two hundred seconds to spare? I promise it is worth it.
  • E*Trade commercials get me every time, Shankopotamus.
  • Diving board, FTW!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: