Friday, November 16, 2007

Here's To Friday . . . And Long Lunches

Well, Friday has finally arrived. Although I have been sick for most of the week, I am in high spirits. I have overcome my illness thanks to two events: (1) I just had a "long" lunch (lawyer speak for had a few drinks), and (2) My Better Half's organization held their annual fundraiser (read: I spent the night rubbing shoulders and sharing drinks with celebrities). I had the opportunity to meet Jimmy Jean-Louis, and I would like to share with you how our conversation went:

BAP: Mr. Jean-Louis, it is such a pleasure to meet you.
JJL: Please, call me Jimmy.
BAP: Okay, Jimmy. I think it's really great that you support an organization like this.
JJL: Well, we can't take take the HIV/AIDS pandemic lightly. The least we can do is contribute some time and energy to help educate people and start fighting the problem.
BAP: I totally agree. Listen, I have a favor to ask and I know you can help me out. There's this girl I used to date and, well, she's crazy and I would kind of like to forget I ever had anything to do with her. You can take care of that for me right? Just erase my memory?
JJL: [Laughing] Well, I only play a character who can erase people's memories. I can't actually do that.
BAP: Oh, right. [wink] We shouldn't really broadcast that secret to too many people.
JJL: Haha. Well, it was nice meeting you.
BAP: So, we'll meet out back in about 15 and you can take care of that for me?
JJL: Security.

Okay, so I did not actually have the courage to go introduce myself, but you get the idea. I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend and, to help get you there, here are some things you might have missed:
  • 2007 is a bad year for you when: (1) you are drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs; (b) naked pictures of you appear on the Internet; or (iii) all of the above.
  • When Lance and Ashley's relationship falls apart, they will probably look back and say this is when things got weird.
  • As it turns out, the best way to shorten the Oscars is a writers strike.
  • Wohhhhhhhh, we're half way there-re. Woh-OH, livin' on a prayer-er.
  • An interesting twist on the criminal justice system brought to you by Saudi Arabia.
  • I've got your right to bear arms right here.
  • Here is a nice way to spend that extra $350 million I know you have lying around.
  • There must be something in the Gulf water.

And in for your double feature, I present two sports related clips:

Have a great weekend everyone!

[Update: I'm so sorry that most of you did not get to see this post on Friday afternoon. Apparently "save" is different "publish". I'm a retard.]

1 comment:

nro said...

1) I am currently packing my belongings and moving to NJ to establish residency so I can vote for JBJ.
b) Please post immediately when there is news of Lance and Ashley breaking up. If you want to get me an early Christmas present, make it happen now!
and
iii) I almost pulled a muscle cringing at that "sports" clip.