Friday, November 02, 2007

Let's Get This Party Started...

Well, it is Friday, November 2nd and that can only mean one thing: the start of the 2007-2008 UCLA Men's Basketball season. The Bruins take on perennial National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) powerhouse Azusa Pacific University, the first-ever meeting between the two schools. Although it is only an exhibition game, Pauley Pavilion is sold out for the Bruin debut of Kevin Love, the top-ranked recruit in the nation. But while I am counting down the time until tip-off, I know most you out there are counting down the time left in your week. So, here are some enjoyable stories that you might have missed that will hopefully help make that clock move a little faster:
  • I used to think Major League Baseball players were stupid for using performance-enhancing drugs, but as it turns out, they're only stupid if they actually get caught.
  • I am not an alcoholic, I am an athlete.
  • As sad is this story is, I am pretty sure they could still field a team that could beat the Miami Dolphins.
  • Don't quote me on this, but I am almost positive that this is not the first time Hillary has been caught in a six-on-one.
  • Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and Scott Norwood were last seen pooling their money so they could buy all of the tickets.
  • Call me crazy, but this might actually be a good thing.
  • Just in case you are having a hard time parenting your own children, the Parents Television Council is willing to do it for you.
  • I guess I better start checking IDs next Halloween.

I have always enjoyed a good laugh at the expense of a cheerleader or two. So, if you are in need of a good chuckle (I don't want you to laugh too loud and get in trouble at work), I offer you these two cheerleader-themed videos for your viewing enjoyment:

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

nro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.