Friday, November 30, 2007

I Think My Clock Stopped Moving...

It is just one of those days here in the City of Angels. It is dark, cold, and rainy . . . but it is also Friday! Thank goodness. I know I have not been able to provide you with any original material lately and I apologize. Every time I think I am going to have time to write something up, life or work gets in the way (of course, by life I mean sports and by work I mean planning my honeymoon). I have two posts in various states of readiness and I hope to have them both up sometime next week. But I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from my avid readers about the weekly link dumps, so this letter to my client is going to have to wait (okay, I'm actually on my lunch break, but I'd put aside a letter for you guys). I hope you all have fun weekends lined up, I know things can get pretty crazy around the holidays. Me? It is rivalry week so you know where to find me. But I am sure you all need a little entertainment to help get you to the weekend; here you go:
  • The Catholic Church seeks to make The Golden Compass the highest grossing film of the holiday season.
  • Congratulations to South Dakota . . . so sorry to the Mormons.
  • I am not sure is Jessie Spano knows this, but nudity is not allowed on television.
  • In Australia, "chimney climbing skills" and a "gentle nature with children" gets you a prize. In America? Probably three to nine.
  • Sabotage, pepper spray and a bomb threat . . . I am not talking about season 7 of 24 silly; it is the Miss Universe pageant.
  • Man becomes one with nature (warning: kinda freaky).
  • Who would have thought that children ages 2 to 12 could be so right?
  • There go the mannequins, objectifying and assaulting the dignity of women again.

In honor of UCLA's four-point upset of USC last year, I bring you not one, not two, not three, but FOUR video clips for your viewing pleasure:

  • I love the books and all, but really? REALLY?
  • Nothing like a good, old-fashioned "Poon" fight with play-by-play.
  • Think ACC official Ron Cherry is the first person to call this penalty? Think again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: