Friday, January 18, 2008

It's A Long Weekend

I am trying to get my weekly link dump up a little earlier today because many of you probably have plans for the long weekend. You might be heading up to the slopes to get in some skiing, or taking the weekend as an opportunity to visit some friends you do not get to see very often. As for me, it is business as usual this weekend because come Monday morning, I will be back at work slaving away just like any other Monday.

I got a "Would you rather . . . " desk calendar from my soon-to-be Mother-in-Law for Christmas, so I decided to bring it to work to provide me with some daily entertainment. My friends and I always used to play a rousing game or two of "Would you rather . . . " when we would travel or were up late and in that "special" state of being. Anyways, with all the news that has been swirling lately, I found it ironic that today's question was "Would you rather . . . as a child, be reared by Britney Spears or K-Fed?" Wow! You ask this question 12 months ago and I think everyone would have picked Britney without blinking an eye. Who would have ever thought that K-Fed, the tool of all tools, would have come out on top? Though it was tough to do this week, here are some non-Britney related things you might have missed:
  • Of all the things the fraternity likely did over the past year, you are going to get upset about some midget wrestling?
  • I appreciate that the Girl Scouts are trying to make their cookies a little healthier, but don't you think they should start with the crack cocaine they have packaged as "Thin Mints"? Seriously, I could put down a box of those things without breaking a sweat.
  • Death to Bobby Fischer: Checkmate!
  • When are people going to learn? If you are going to commit a crime of some sort, do not put a video of it on YouTube or MySpace (also, I wouldn't recommend taunting the authorities at the same time; for some reason, they don't really like that).
  • U.S. Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur (D-umbass . . . err . . . I mean, D-Ohio) grills the Chairman of the Federal Reserve about his involvement in the subprime mortgage crisis . . . under belief he his actually U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.
  • Democrats continue putting your tax dollars to good use . . . if by "good use" you mean in a way that helps the American people in no way, shape or form.
  • Having finally put the sex scandal behind them, the Vatican moves on to the next most pressing issue facing the Church: Is Harry Potter evil?
  • I can total see how PETA thinks the two are related (crickets . . . crickets . . . crickets).
And for your weekly viewing pleasure, I have a couple of totally unrelated, yet very enjoyable, clips for you:
Have a great (long) weekend everyone!

[Late update for those of you still working this afternoon: Jimmy Carter wants you to know how he feels about the state of America at this moment.

No comments: