Friday, January 25, 2008

Shelter From the Storm

Well, a mighty winter storm has descended upon Southern California. I always find it funny that when it rains for a couple days in a room in Southern California, you would think Armageddon is upon us and the world is coming to an end. Though I do not respond the same way (I love the rain), apparently my apartment does. My apartment has thrown in the towel to the hard rain and has sprung a leak. It is nothing major right now, just a constant drip by the front door, but the discoloration of the ceiling makes me worried that something worse might be in works.

But I am not going to let that get me down. I have been having a great week and thanks to my second place finish in my firm's Fantasy Football League, a brand new Xbox 360 should be arriving at any moment. But I am not going to let the excitement of my new toy from keeping me from my GameTime, TBD© duties. So, here are some interesting things you might have missed this week:
  • You might recall that, about a month ago, Screamin' A. Smith stated that bloggers should not be welcome in the sports community, were unprofessional, were bad for sports, etc. Well, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Screamin's official blog. I am sure Phil Collins, Hall & Oates, and "Hot Rod" Stewart are glad to know he is fan.
  • Romosexuals of the world rejoice, Jessica Simpson has been benched . . . permanently.
  • I do not know what is worse, the fact that Britain has a national memory champion or that said national champion was beaten by a chump . . . er . . . I mean chimp.
  • Would-be suicide bomber straps bomb to chest, trips down stairs. Any guess how this story ends?
  • If you are planning on robbing a bank and using the bus as a clever getaway vehicle, I think it would be a good idea to know the bus schedule.
  • Needed: new location to cover-up a massive sex scandal. If you can help, please contact the L.A. Catholics.
  • Herschel Walker was traded for 11 players over the course of his career, or, one for each personality.
  • I do not have a catchy tag line for this article, it is beyond explanation.
As for your Friday viewing pleasure, I bring you a little fun and a little sadness:
  • Remind me never to get knocked out in Dallas.
  • In honor of Heath Ledger and in response to his truly untimely death, I present to you the trailer for his last feature film performance. Hollywood lost a true young talent this week.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: