Friday, April 11, 2008

The Triumphant Return . . .

. . . of the Link Dump! I am sorry my weekly update has been M.I.A. for the past month or so. I have always been one hundred percent honest with you, my dear readers, so I will not lie, I have been dealing with a case of writers' block for a little while now. And, let us face the facts: for a blogger, it does not get much worse than that.

So here I am, five days removed from the NCAA national championship game, and I have been struggling through a "Best of" article. I can honestly say this has never happened to me before. I mean, sure I used to use writers' block as my "excuse" in college whenever I opted to party with my friends as opposed to finishing that paper I had due, but that was a different time in my life. That was before I discovered that writing was actually pretty fun (believe it or not, something I learned while writing my 40-page law review article . . . god, I'm a nerd), something I actually enjoyed doing. That is why this case of writers' block really sucks; I am really excited about sharing with all of you the things I have swirling through my head right now, but I cannot figure out how to share it in a way that meets my lofty expectations.

So, while I try to find a cure for what is ailing me, here are some things you might have missed from this past week (or so):
  • Sadly, this game is incredibly addicting (Don't say I never warned you).
  • The Tampa Bay Rays are currently leading the league in number of tased pitchers.
  • "Trash talking" on Myspace . . . cheerleaders . . . do not get your hopes up, this story does not turn out the way you would (well, at least the way I would) like it to.
  • Just in case there was a confusion on the issue, this should help clear it up: Yes, Cowboys fans are crazy.
  • "You see officer, I wasn't actually jerkin' it in public, I just have a strange habit of putting my hand down my pants."
  • This may really hurt Bethune-Cookman's (are you sure that's actually a school?) chances of making the BCS Championship Game.
  • This should help you out in that Miss U.S.A. office pool you entered.
  • Only in the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry.
  • I wish my good-friend Toy would just finally commit to being a professional golfer because then I could have an article like this written about me.
With all this talk about will they/won't they go pro, it appears certain that Russell Westbrook will be declaring for the NBA draft any day now. So, for your Friday viewing entertainment, I thought I would allow you to enjoy two of the best dunks in NCAA this year:
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: