Friday, April 18, 2008

Wait, What Day Is It?

That is right, it is Friday. I am sure you are all counting down the hours (or, for my east coast readers, the minutes) until your work day comes to an end. Believe you me, it cannot get here fast enough; this has been one of those weeks. I would tell you about it but (1) I want you to keep reading this blog, and (b) I am sure you all have had at least one of those weeks in your lifetime. So, in the interest of readership, I am going to spare you the details (you can all thank me later). Instead I will just get right to the good stuff. If you do not have a fantasy baseball team to help you pass the time on this "beautiful" Friday afternoon (I say "beautiful" because some company decided to build a 30-story building right next door to my building and they have built up past my floor, completely blocking my view . . . so, if it's nice where you are, go ahead and rub it in), here are some things you might have missed:
  • With the NFL draft starting tomorrow, I cannot help but think of all the "great" drafts the Detroit Lions have had.
  • Mysteriously absent from this article is any reference to Lenny "allegedly" (and when I say allegedly, I mean like O.J. is "allegedly" a murderer) molesting girls at his car wash. Though, apparently he likes to watch baseball from the Westlake High School student parking lot.
  • Not to get political or anything, but it is nice to see Putin using his power for good.
  • In a move purely intended to bolster attendance figures, the Tampa Bay Rays have signed Eva Longoria to a six-year deal. No word on how this affects Longoria's commitments to Desperate Housewives.
  • Is the Aussie Olympic swim team really that good?
  • So Miguel Tejada is two years older than we thought; who cares? Can someone please tell me how old Julio Franco is?
  • Two puns in one headline . . . I will not even bother trying to top that.
  • An attractive Serbian tennis player I have never heard of is, apparently, quite lickable. Maybe I should watch more women's tennis.
  • Now that she is legal, I just might have to add Emma Watson to THE list; of course, having $20 million in the bank does not hurt.
And for your Friday viewing pleasure, I have a several good ones for you (it was a banner week in the video department). A couple of them (noted with a "w/s") are best with sound. Hope you enjoy these:
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: