Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Christmas in September!!!

It is Christmas in September for us Detroit Lions fans. After explaining to countless 49ers fans at Candlestick Park this past weekend that the goal of the Lions franchise was not to win, but rather to make other teams feel better about themselves, it turns out I may have been misrepresenting the facts. The Lions might actually want to win.

Apparently the Ford family decided that a failing car company AND football franchise was too much to handle and so they decided it was time to fix one of them. Thankfully they chose the Lions. Believe-you-me, having owned a "Fix Or Repair Daily" Explorer, I know that the Lions will be much easier to fix. And the organization finally took the first step towards redemption today. I am going to keep this short and to the point, because if I were to write a full post of how I am feeling right now, I would never get to my Kings Season Preview and would probably have to skip this week's Link Dump. Instead, I will sum everything up for you with one simple fact:

During Matt Millen's tenure with the Lions, their record was 40-91; over that same period of time, the New England Patriots were 93-38.

No comments: